Frequently Asked Questions
How do I book an appointment?
What is a Care Manager?
A care manager is a Nurse who specializes in providing support to individuals in conjunction with patient’s goals.
Some of a Care Manager’s patient-centered responsibilities are:
- Manages and follows a designated caseload of patients within the associated practice
- Provides targeted interventions to avoid hospitalizations and emergency room visits
- Coordinates care across settings and helps patient/families understand health care options
Additional ways the Care Manager can help you as a patient are:
- “Check in” calls to assess health care, educational, and psychosocial needs of the patient/family
- Develop comprehensive individualized plan of care and targeted interventions (goals), in partnership with the provider
- Self-management support (i.e. DM, HTN, Obesity, etc.)
- Explore and resolve uncertainties about health conditions
- Identify qualifying patient financial assistance programs for DM medications
Charges Without Insurance
How much is a visit if I don't have insurance?
Do you have disability access to your office?
Yes, our facilities are fully ADA compliant including support systems.
If you are experiencing a true medical emergency, please call 911 or go directly to the nearest hospital. If you need to speak to a physician after hours, and it does not pertain to rescheduling a visit or refilling a prescription, please call our office at 816-228-1000 and you will be directed to the physician on call.